- Peter and John get brought into the Sanhedrin. Ananus ben Ananus, was the top Jewish Thinker and leader – in AD 66 he was one of the leaders in the revolt against Rome.
- Peter and John didn’t have the natural ability to Defend themselves.
- Peter and John are able to hold their own in front of these Guys. Peter and John did not go through the Jewish Education System, yet they were able to defend themselves.
- They were filled and gifted and directed by the Holy Spirit.
MT10vs 16 “Behold, I am sending you out as sheep in the midst of wolves, so be wise as serpents and innocent as doves. 17 Beware of men, for they will deliver you over to courts and flog you in their synagogues, 18 and you will be dragged before governors and kings for my sake, to bear witness before them and the Gentiles. 19 When they deliver you over, do not be anxious how you are to speak or what you are to say, for what you are to say will be given to you in that hour. 20 For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. So often we focus in on our natural gifts and talents to dictate what and how we should do things. There is horrible language going around in Church circles that sounds something like this. That guy is a gift to the Church. Often natural Talents and Gifts are celebrated, those with little are marginalized because they have nothing to offer “ME” or the church. So how are we going to move into Obedience despite our personal weaknesses?
- Acknowledge that, who you are, and what you are, has nothing to do with what God can do through you. Don’t Get stuck on you.
- Choose to Obey God and know that the road of obedience isn’t always rosy.
(Refer back to Acts 4 and MT 10)
- Move away from self-reliance into walking with the “Holy Spirit” (Refer back to Acts 2)
- Spend time Getting to know Who Jesus is. The Holy Spirit always points to Jesus
- Think about what God Has called you to do, acknowledge it and right now make a commitment to be obedient to moving towards it.
God Has called us as a community to impact this city, this Nation and the outer reaches of the world. You are a part of this Story and your obedience is directly linked to us taking the Gospel to this world. And now we have Nick and Tracy being released from this community to Pioneer a work in the Bluff. God has called us to be a people of radical faith who disregard our personal abilities and operate in obedience. How is your obedience going to be part of Christs story through our community.